"The Hands and Voice of Christ"Mission Statement"
St. Columbanus School is a faith community in which students, Pre-K to Grade 8, are encouraged to develop their intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social and physical gifts to their fullest potential. Students are taught Christian principles to guide them in making moral decisions as they live out their Christian role of service in the global community.
St. Columbanus Philosophy
We, the faculty and staff of St. Columbanus School, guide our students in their spiritual, intellectual, physical and social growth. We provide an academically demanding curriculum in a nurturing Catholic environment that encourages and aids each student to develop his/her intellect to its full potential.
- Our religious purpose is to educate the whole child based on the Gospel values and to foster growth in their faith journey to become more like Christ.
- We seek to transmit the values of Catholic living with Christ as the cornerstone of the community.
- We seek to give each student a strong Catholic faith so that their immediate and future choices will be based on religious truths.
- We believe that faith is born and grows in community. We seek to encourage participation in the liturgy and reception of the sacraments. We foster an understanding of prayer, knowledge of the saints and appreciation of Catholic values.
- We understand that discipleship is ministry of care, encouragement and love. We seek to express our faith to those outside our school community through word and action.
Our Academic purpose is to prepare students to be critical thinkers and be able to adapt to life's challenges intellectually, effectively, personally and socially.
- We believe students should use their reasoning ability to discover the nature of things and to find out how to use this knowledge for self-improvement.
- We believe students should be able to recognize and apply Catholic values to everyday living.
- We believe students can develop the confidence to accept personal responsibility to follow rules and regulations, balancing personal freedom,free will, the rights of others and social boundaries.
- We believe that students should learn appropriate social interaction skills and respect in order to live within the limitations imposed by various authority systems.
- We believe we need to provide a safe environment where individual physical needs are understood and met.
To reach our goals we believe students should learn to interact with one another in a mutually supportive, cooperative, respectful atmosphere